Following Certificates are going to expire on the 20th of February,2019.
Certificate of Insurance or other financial security in respect to
– Civil Liability for Bunker Oil Pollution Damage
– Civil Liability for Oil Pollution Damage
– Liability for the removal of wrecks
– Liability for the death of and personal injury to passengers
SMM Group will assist you to renew the necessary blue cards for the period 2019 – 2020 in accordance to the certificates applicable and liable to you.
Also, for the vessels which are not under the below mentioned IMO Conventions, the Maltese Flag Registry provides a provision to obtain requisite insurance certificates under the Malta flag.
Conventions covering liability and compensation are:
- International Convention on Civil Liability for Oil Pollution Damage (CLC), 1969
- 1992 Protocol to the International Convention on the Establishment of an International Fund for Compensation for Oil Pollution Damage (FUND 1992)
- Convention relating to Civil Liability in the Field of Maritime Carriage of Nuclear Material (NUCLEAR), 1971
- Athens Convention relating to the Carriage of Passengers and their Luggage by Sea (PAL), 1974
- Convention on Limitation of Liability for Maritime Claims (LLMC), 1976
- International Convention on Liability and Compensation for Damage in Connection with the Carriage of Hazardous and Noxious Substances by Sea (HNS), 1996 (and its 2010 Protocol)
- International Convention on Civil Liability for Bunker Oil Pollution Damage, 2001
- Nairobi International Convention on the Removal of Wrecks, 2007
Get in touch with us for the renewal of the insurance. The insurased blue cards are handled and processed by the Maltese Ships Registry.