Following Certificates are going to expire on the 20th of February,2019.
Certificate of Insurance or other financial security in respect to
– Civil Liability for Bunker Oil Pollution Damage
– Civil Liability for Oil Pollution Damage
– Liability for the removal of wrecks
– Liability for the death of and personal injury to passengers
SMM Group will assist you to renew the necessary blue cards for the period 2019 – 2020 in accordance to the certificates applicable and liable to you.
Also, for the vessels which are not under the below mentioned IMO Conventions, the Maltese Flag Registry provides a provision to obtain requisite insurance certificates under the Malta flag.
Conventions covering liability and compensation are:
- International Convention on Civil Liability for Oil Pollution Damage (CLC), 1969
- 1992 Protocol to the International Convention on the Establishment of an International Fund for Compensation for Oil Pollution Damage (FUND 1992)
- Convention relating to Civil Liability in the Field of Maritime Carriage of Nuclear Material (NUCLEAR), 1971
- Athens Convention relating to the Carriage of Passengers and their Luggage by Sea (PAL), 1974
- Convention on Limitation of Liability for Maritime Claims (LLMC), 1976
- International Convention on Liability and Compensation for Damage in Connection with the Carriage of Hazardous and Noxious Substances by Sea (HNS), 1996 (and its 2010 Protocol)
- International Convention on Civil Liability for Bunker Oil Pollution Damage, 2001
- Nairobi International Convention on the Removal of Wrecks, 2007