Yacht registration in Malta is a very straightforward process. Yacht owners who chose to register their vessels in Malta will avail themselves from numerous benefits coming along with the Malta flag. Malta caters for yacht registration of various types of vessels, depending on their intended use, as private pleasure yachts or commercial yachts. Any type of marine vessel, be it large cruise liner, supertanker or private yachts can be registered under the Malta flag.
Building on its long and varied maritime tradition, Malta, a member of the European Union, has today established itself as one of the leading maritime hubs and service centres in the Mediterranean region. Placed to become an international centre of excellence in the maritime industry, the Island offers a whole range of international maritime services and facilities as part of a comprehensive package for the maritime industry.
Why register your yacht in Malta?
Whether the vessel is a Pleasure or a Commercial vessel, the yacht registration process in Malta is easy and simple. With a Maltese Flag, the Yacht owner can avail to a list of advantages, inter alia:
- Low company formation and registration cost.
- Complete tax exemptions, and benefits for owners, charters, and financiers of Maltese yachts.
- No restrictions on the nationality of the master, officers and crew, serving on Maltese vessels.
- No restrictions on the nationality of shareholders and directors of Maltese shipping companies.
- No restrictions on the sale and mortgaging of Maltese yachts.
- No trading restrictions.
- Preferential treatment for Maltese yachts in certain ports.
- Serious and efficient maritime administration.
- Flag state inspectorate to ensure adherence to international standards.
- Easy access to decision-makers within the competent authorities, backed by a qualified and efficient team of technical officers available for urgent matters on a 24- hour basis.
- Sound multilateral and bilateral relations.
- Active participation in international shipping fora.