SMM Group is recognized for its commercially minded and exemplary client service. Our innovative approach ensures that we meet clients’ objectives on time and on the budget.
We work in partnership with our clients, providing a service that is joined up with their internal approach and adds value to their own team. Our advice is always client-focused, enabling them to make informed decisions and manage their risks. Most of the work we do is on a fixed fee or retainer basis.
We regularly provide expert legal advice on the following issues:
- Advice on redundancy
- Settlement Agreements
- Grievance and disciplinary meetings
- Unfair dismissal, including constructive dismissal
- Whistle blowing
- Bullying, harassment and stress at work
- Litigation advice including representing individuals in Tribunals and Courts
At SMM Consultancy Services Limited our employment section possess comprehensive knowledge of the Maltese employment law and extensive experience of protecting businesses and ensuring they follow the proper procedure avoiding expensive mistakes.
Our expertise is wide ranging providing both strategic and business advice covering employment law, share schemes and incentives. We also deal with disputes, mediations, complex tribunal claims and litigation.
We regularly provide expert legal and HR advice on the following issues:
- Defending a discrimination claim
- Defending a constructive dismissal claim
- Employment contracts
- Equality and discrimination
- Handbooks and policies
- Structuring executive severance arrangements and settlement agreements
- reorganisations and redundancy process
- Restrictive covenants and confidentiality obligations
- Litigation advice including representing employers in Tribunals and Civil Courts
- Changes to terms and conditions
- Director Service agreements and contract negotiations
- Handling grievances and disciplinary procedures
- Managing disability in the workplace
- Maternity, paternity and other parental advice
- Performance management
- Sickness and other absence management
- Advice on working time regulations
- Work permits
- All other day-to-day aspects of employment law