Maltese Citizenship by Naturalisation for Exceptional Services programme has been launched on 20th of November 2020 as an improved new version of the well-known Individual Investor Programme (IIP) which reached its cap of applications. Maltese Citizenship by Naturalisation for Exceptional Services programme is being administered by the Community Malta Agency, the agency responsible for processing incoming applications on all Maltese citizenship-related matters and carrying out necessary due diligence towards applicants. Through Maltese Citizenship by Naturalisation for Exceptional Services Maltese government provides the possibility to attain Citizenship through Investment, thereby providing a gateway to access all the rights as a Maltese and European Union national.
Maltese Citizenship by Naturalisation for Exceptional Services grants Maltese Citizenship to those highly-talented High-Net-Worth Individuals who successfully went through a rigid and thorough due diligence process and who prove to be of good standing and repute to become Maltese citizens. Once approved, the applicant and dependents will be able to freely reside, study and set up business in Malta and in any European Union Member State.
Acquiring Maltese citizenship through Citizenship by Naturalisation for Exceptional Services is a subject to an exceptional direct investment and can be acquired in 36 months or 12 months. Whilst going through a route of acquiring Maltese citizenship, one receives an e-residence card in a few weeks after submission of application. Such card grants Maltese Residency and visa-free access to all Schengen member states.
Benefits of being a Maltese Citizen:
- The right to live, work and study in any of the 27 EU countries and Switzerland.
- Travel visa-free (or visa on arrival) to 184 countries, including the US, UK and Canada.
- World’s strictest due diligence standards and vetting of applicants, thus ensuring only highly respectable applicants will be admitted.
- Citizenship of a well-respected EU country.
- Reasonable contribution and an efficient application process.
- Malta is an attractive place to live or to own a second home and is strategically located with excellent air links.
- Tax Residency: Source & Remittance based taxation only. No wealth Tax. No asset Reporting. No inheritance Tax.
Maltese Citizenship by Naturalisation for Exceptional Services Requirements:
Maltese Citizenship by Naturalisation for Exceptional Services, that allows highly reputable individuals and their families to receive Maltese citizenship based on a contribution to and investment in Malta, has the following requirements:
- Contribution: The main applicant is required to contribute €600,000 (after 36 months of effective residence in Malta) or €750,000 (after 36 months of effective residence in Malta) to the Maltese Government, which is deposited in the National Development and Social Fund.
- Investment into Real Estate: To lease a property in Malta for a minimum value of €16,000 per annum, or purchase property for a minimum value of €700,000 and hold such investment for a minimum period of five (5) years from the date of issue of the certificate of citizenship
- Donation to local NGO: The applicant is required to donate, prior to the issue of the certificate of naturalisation, a minimum of €10,000 to a registered philanthropic, cultural, sport, scientific, animal welfare or artistic non-governmental organisation or society, or as otherwise approved by the Agency.
Also, read our article on how to achieve a Positive Application while applying for a Citizenship by Investment Programme of Malta and learn the main tips which you need to know before applying for the program.