The Malta Ordinary Residence Scheme is an attractive residence scheme currently available to EU & EEA nationals and nationals of Switzerland, seeking to transfer their tax residence to a safe, high quality and tax-efficient jurisdiction such as Malta.
Eligibility for Malta Ordinary Residence
- Nationalities eligible to ordinary residence in Malta include all EU and EEA nationals as well as nationals of Switzerland
- Applications are approved for non-EU nationals at the discretion of the authorities.
- Applicants for ordinary residence status need to demonstrate financial independence without being subjected to complex means eligibility testing.
- Ordinary residents need to evidence their local residential address by purchasing or renting a house or apartment in Malta. This needs to be available at the time of filing of the application.
- Ordinary residents may live and enter any business or employment in Malta.
- Holders of ordinary residence permits can convert to other available residence schemes.