Malta provides the possibility to attain citizenship through Investment thereby providing a gateway to access all the rights as a Maltese and European Union National. The Individual Investor Programme (IIP) facilitates Maltese citizenship by investment subject to a rigid and thorough due diligence process and satisfying certain conditions. Once approved, the applicant and dependents will be able to freely reside, study and set up business in Malta and in any European Union Member State
Malta Individual Investor Programme
Benefits of being a Maltese Citizen:
- The right to live, work and study in any of the 28 EU countries and Switzerland
- Travel visa-free to 182 countries, including the EU and Canada
- World’s strictest due diligence standards and vetting of applicants, thus ensuring only highly respectable applicants will be admitted
- Citizenship of a well-respected EU country
- Reasonable contribution and efficient application process
- Malta is an attractive place to live or to own a second home and is strategically located with excellent air links
- Tax Residency: Source & Remittance based taxation only. No wealth Tax. No asset Reporting. No inheritance Tax
SMM Group’s special interest is “Malta’s Individual Investor Programme” that allows every individual and the families to receive Maltese citizenship based on a contribution to and investment in Malta;
- The main applicant is required to contribute €650,000 to the Maltese Government, which is deposited in the National Development and Social Fund;
- A lease property in Malta needs rented for a minimum value of €16,000 per annum, or purchase property for a minimum value of €350,000
- Also, the applicant must acquire €150,000 worth of Government Bonds or bonds/ securities listed on the Malta Stock Exchange.
The property and the bonds/ securities must be held by the main applicant for a minimum period of 5 years.